May 8, 2015

TURN AROUND YOUR LAZY DAYS


Have you ever had one of those lazy days when all you wanted to do was eat, watch your favorite show, play your favorite computer game, surf the net, eat, eat again, sleep... and repeat? I sure had and not only once. Some days the to-do list seems simply boundless. Just looking at it is exhausting.
We all know those days, we all have them. Sometimes we didn't get enough sleep, sometimes we just aren't motivated enough, and sometimes (most of the times) we get distracted by a fun new game or a TV series where you tell yourself "just one more episode" - well, you know how it ends.
So, what can we do to beat our unproductive days? Are there some helpful strategies? The answer is: YES, indeed!

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."


1.) Prioritize

When you prioritize, you make sure you accomplish the most important tasks first. You should determine the top priority for today. By that I mean things that will lead to significant consequences if not done asap. Focusing on consequences creates an urgency factor that will help you to take a better control of your time.
Prioritizing truly IS the key to successful time management!

2.) Time is NOT the enemy here

I always have a subconscious fear that my work is going to take a looooong time to finish. But whenever I write down how long I think each task could take and time myself, I'm always shocked! My estimate is mostly 2x longer than it actually took!
I suggest you to do the same and you'll see that there's really no need to be afraid of the time. Above that, it is really motivating to see how quickly you're able to finish your tasks and it will be easier the next time.

3.) Unplug

No wonder we can’t get things done when we spend hours and hours staring mindlessly at a screen that sends us funny pictures and thrilling news on what's happening in the life of our friends or other people. Make it easier for yourself and disconnect for a certain period of time. If you want, you can set specific times that you’re allowed to check social media, but for your own sake check ONLY at these times. Sounds hard, I know. But it might be a huge help, because if you find a way to block yourself from what's distracting you, you can get a lot more done.

4.) Create rewards

Think of rewards as fuel to keep you going. Reward yourself with something small but pleasant whenever you knock an item off your to-do list. May it be a piece of candy or a hot coffee?

5.) Don't punish yourself!

For me, it’s a matter of finding ways to still cross out the most important stuff from my to-do list and mark it done, even when I’m not feeling productive that day. Taking breaks now and then helps me to get things done.
Seriously, take a break! You can’t go full charge all the time.

6.) GIVE UP

Let's admit it; sometimes it's just not your day - at all. Pushing yourself to work when you absolutely CAN'T will probably only result in average results and you'll be even more exhausted afterwards. Not good! So I'd say in times like these the best thing to do is to let it be.

"There are seven days in the week and someday isn’t one of them."


2 comments :

  1. This is such a good post, and so needed right now! I am definitely going to try and implement some of these ideas to improve my work ethic.Thank you!
    http://girl-with-thecurl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruby!! You were the first one who commented on my blog and I truly deeply appreciate it :') I hope these ideas will help you. And by the way, you're blog ROCKS!!!!!

      Delete

Configuration After installing, you might want to change these default settings: